Top 5 Ways To Make Your Brakes Last As Long As Possible:
- Don’t Stop At High Speeds – the more times you are speeding and have to come to a complete stop from a higher speed the more you will wear out your brake pads.
- No Left Foot Driving – You would be surprised at the amount of people that drive with their left foot on the brake always riding them.
- Coast As Much As Possible: If you have space in front of you let your car slow down before you know you are coming to a turn that way you are stopping yourself from braking at high speeds.
- Don’t Constantly Brake – Leave enough space from the car in front of you so that when one car slow down you don’t have to. Stopping fast happens because cars ride other cars, most times the cars in the front brake for no reason causing everyone else behind them to slam on their brakes.
- Change Your Brake Fluid – Brake fluid is not usually changed at an oil change services or other places and is often ignored. However, changing your fluid periodically will make your brakes last longer. Inquire about changing your brake fluid next brake you job you have to make sure it is time to get repaired.