Brake Service Villa Park
A Mechanic Trusted by Villa Park Illinois residents for over 30 years.
Same Day Brake Service Near Villa Park
Brake Shop Villa Park
One thing that goes hand in hand with the distance you drive is how much you use your brakes. The type of driving you do also has a factor in how long your brakes last. Highway driving is easier on your brakes than urban driving. Urban areas often have lots of stop signs, lights, and turns that require you to stop to make. This increases the use of your brakes which in turn increases how fast they wear out. Be sure to take advantage of our money-saving offers and brake service coupons!
Call Now: 630-517-0388
Brake Service Villa Park.
Brake Replacement Villa Park
When it comes to driving your car, there is little that is more important than making sure you can come to a complete stop. While there are a lot of factors that are beyond your control, there is one that you can control. Replacing your brakes are just one of the parts that should be replaced during regular maintenance, along with oil filters, wiper blades, and belts. Like the others, there are several factors that will determine how quickly you need to change your brakes like other parts of your car.
- Quality of your brakes
- Weight of the car
- Distance you drive
- How often you use your brakes
New Brake Installation Villa Park
The last factor is the type of car you drive. Larger vehicles have larger brakes. It could also be some options that determine what types of brakes you have, often vehicles that come with the option of a towing package have larger brakes than their non-towing counterparts. This is due to one simple fact; heavier vehicles require more force to stop at speed. These larger brakes would be overkill on smaller cars and just increase the maintenance cost for regular bake changes. Not only do the designers of your vehicle take into account the vehicle itself, but what envisioned it to be used for. Trucks and SUVs have larger brakes than Sedans and Minivans because Trucks and SUVs are expected to be carrying heavy weight up steep slopes. That does not mean that a Sedan or Minivan couldn’t be holding that same weight, but it is not an expected use of them.
Top 5 Ways To Make Your Brakes Last As Long As Possible:
- Don’t Stop At High Speeds – the more times you are speeding and have to come to a complete stop from a higher speed the more you will wear out your brake pads.
- No Left Foot Driving – You would be surprised at the amount of people that drive with their left foot on the brake always riding them.
- Coast As Much As Possible: If you have space in front of you let your car slow down before you know you are coming to a turn that way you are stopping yourself from braking at high speeds.
- Don’t Constantly Brake – Leave enough space from the car in front of you so that when one car slow down you don’t have to. Stopping fast happens because cars ride other cars, most times the cars in the front brake for no reason causing everyone else behind them to slam on their brakes.
- Change Your Brake Fluid – Brake fluid is not usually changed at an oil change services or other places and is often ignored. However, changing your fluid periodically will make your brakes last longer. Inquire about changing your brake fluid next brake you job you have to make sure it is time to get repaired.